DON’T FORGET OUR $89.95 AIR CONDITIONING CHECK UP SPECIAL!
Stay Cool This Summer
Having problems with your auto air conditioner? You’ve come to the right place. The technicians at Fred’d Auto Center LLC are automobile air conditioning experts. We provide the know-how to fix any problem you have with your air conditioning.
Here’s What We Do:
- Attach gauges and reading high and low pressure.
- Check for “leaks”. These are leaks that are readily detectable under low pressure situations.
- Check for an electrical problem that may be keeping the A/C from cooling.
- Visually inspect the A/C system components for mechanical malfunctions, such as a locked-up compressor.
- Check for malfunctions of the climate controls.
- …and more.
Common Problems that Require Auto AC Repair
- Compressor leaks are often easily repaired
- Internal noise can be due to lack of lubrication.
- Electrical failures.
- Compressor failure.
- Overcharging of the refrigerant can present a huge problem.
- Undercharged refrigerant causes a lack of lubricant flow, which starves the compressor.
- Expansion valve shut-down causes lack of lubrication to the compressor. (Note: if you A/C is not cooling, turn it off and get it checked).
- Drier/filter bag breakdown.
- Leaking compressor. Only an A/C specialty shop like Fred’s has the capability of replacing shaft-seals and compressor body seals.
- We are able to disassemble and inspect the compressor to see what debris may be in the system.